July 05, 2010

Lucky 12 Tavern

Anyone from North Carolina here? I received this email from a friend at work the other day. He's on vacation in NC right now:

From: (hidden, to protect the innocent)
Date: July 1, 2010 8:22:33 PM EDT
To: Jody Leggio
Subject: I have seen the promiseland

I have eaten the best wings I have ever eaten today.. didn't think i'd find them in obx, but I did. Perfectly fried, no breading, chicken cooked to perfection, unbelievably juicy, and the sauce... to die for my friend. To die for.

The place is called Lucky 12 Tavern. I suggest you got to NC just for this.

----END TRANSMISSION---

Ok, I did a google search and found Lucky 12 Tavern at:

3308 South Virginia Dare Trail
Nags Head, NC 27959

Here is the website's description of their wings:

Chicken Wings Eight Whole Wings The Way they are Supposed to be – Simply Fried, Crispy on the Outside, Juicy on the Inside – None of that Silly Breading Action to Get in the Way —Tossed in Chipotle Barbecue or Mikey D’s Classic Buffalo Sauce - Hot or Mild. (That’s like 16 Wings you get anywhere else) Served with the Most Ridiculously Flavorful Bleu Cheese Dressing you have ever had $9.99

They sound pretty solid. Anyone else ever been there? This has probably been my favorite part of this blog so far. It's been almost a year since this started out as (mostly) a joke. Now, I probably get at least 2 emails/texts per week from someone telling me that they found some great wings. It's awesome, please keep it up. I don't know how we're ever going to eat at all of the places you guys mention to us, but we're sure as hell going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment