March 03, 2010

Atomic Wings

528 9th Ave
New York, NY 10018
(with other locations throughout the city)
www.atomicwings.com

While working in Midtown, I see these delivery guys riding around on bikes wearing "Atomic Wings" vests all the time. One day while sitting around, waiting to hear from a client, I decided to google them and find out where they were. Ends up, they're a franchise and have (as far as I can tell) ten locations in and around NYC. I found the one nearest to me, grabbed my jacket and headed out.

One thing that they offered, which I've suggested on this blog before and am a big fan of, was the option of ordering your wings "dry" and getting you sauce(s) on the side. The reason I'm such a big fan of this is it gives you a better chance of testing out a lot of flavors without having to order a hundred wings. So that's what I did, opting for traditional buffalo, teriyaki and honey mustard - my three favorites.


Atomic Wings, dry.

My selection of sauces: Teryaki, Honey Mustard and Buffalo.

All-in-all, these were average wings. I wouldn't go out of my way to get them, but the convenience factor (bike delivery guys) and being able to order sauces on the side is enough to give them another go. My biggest complaint is that they were really oily and my stomach was paying for it later. If you've got a good wing/lunch spot near you, that's probably still the way to go. But if you're craving some wings and can't get out of the office, this isn't a bad option. The reason I'm labeling it a lunch spot is because it kind of had a chain fast food vibe when I was there. Sure, you can order a beer but you're still putting your tray on top of a garbage can when you're done eating. After a day of work, there's no way you'd pick this place over any local sports bar. Consider them a decent delivery option in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment