September 01, 2010

Eat Oceanside


Eat Oceanside
Busco's Deli & Catering
Busco's Gourmet & Kitchen
234 Merrick Road
Oceanside, NY 11572
www.EatOceanside.com
Maps and Directions

For some reason, this place seems to have three names, and it could have 33 names, it will not mask the fact that they had the worst wings I have ever eaten.  I am not exaggerating.  The worst.  Johnny Famous is gourmet and Redemption Grill has the Queen's royal cooks compared to how bad Eat's (Busco's) wings are.

I barely finished these disgusting hot wings
Butter, butter and more butter.  These hot wings were just poorly cooked wings drenched in butter and then spritzed with hot sauce.  I choked all six of them down because I was hungry and really wanted to like them.  They were soggy, they were slimy and they were disgusting.  I have to be honest here... I will never order them again.



Those three wings were never eaten
The teriyaki were even worse. What a waste of time, appetite and money. The sauce, first off, was a thick Peking style Mandarin flavored sauce, not a salty, soy sauce based teriyaki.  Secondly, it was also wretched. Sickly sweet, poorly cooked, and just plain bad.  I am not sure how they call it a teriyaki sauce.  I honestly did not finish these.  By the third one, I was so put off by the wings that I just packed them up and threw them away.


We order from Eat every so often from work and I know they have good salads and sandwiches.  What they don't have is good wings, they don't even have edible wings.  I will never order wings from here again, in fact, I don't think I will ever go back there again.  Eat Oceanside, definitely NOT Wingmen approved.  There are a lot of good wings out there, avoid this place at all costs.

1 comment:

  1. I got the scoop from the delivery guy at Eat Oceanside today. They are no longer Eat Oceanside and are just Busco's. New ownership, new name and hopefully, in the near future, new wing recipes.

    ps- people in my office ordered from there, not me.

    ReplyDelete